(In partnership with Humsafar Trust and with support from GFATM Round 9, between 2012-2015)
Under this initiative, more than 1000 Transgenders in Thane district were provided with HIV/ AIDS Prevention, Care, and Support Services.
- Behavior Change Communication sessions with transgenders
- Facilitate access to STI Services
- Condom promotion
- Linkages to Care and Support services
The project also facilitated access to social entitlements such as ration cards, PAN card, and voter id card.
Project Transcend & Project Equal
(In partnership with The Humsafar Trust between 2017 – 2018)
The project focused on advocacy and conducted 30 plus sensitization workshops with 700 plus participants from various Government and non-Government agencies such as health care providers, law enforcement agencies, political parties, corporates, and colleges to address the stigma and discrimination faced by the community members.
Work during Covid 19 Pandemic:
Distribution of dry ration kits to the Transgender Community
- 4680 kits in Thane with support from United Way Mumbai
- 500+ kits in Ambernath, Kalyan, and Vitthalwadi area with support from ABS International Company
- 500 kits each in Thane district with support from Kinneri, Anubhuti Foundation, Sonu Sood Foundation, Khushi Foundation, The Humsafar Trust, and Kinnar Asmita
- 450 kits in Bhiwandi and Kalyan with support from Navodaya Foundation
- 480 kits in Bhiwandi and Kalyan with support from Vanya Foundation
- 300 kits with support from Yuva Unity Foundation
- 250 kits in Ambernath, Kalyan, and Ulhasnagar area with support from Akshay Patra Foundation
- 200 kits with support from Annada Foundation
Distribution of 500 hygiene kits with support from Alliance India
Covid 19 Vaccination:
Given the discrimination, harassment, and lack of adequate healthcare facilities, the transgender community members in the Thane district find it hard to access the COVID-19 vaccination. The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the disparities in access to healthcare for the transgender community. Considering these challenges KInnar Asmita mobilized and facilitated vaccination initiatives for the community.
- 240 Transgenders received 1st and 2nd dose Covid 19 vaccine with support from Ulhasnagar Corporation, Kalyan Corporation, and Vanya Foundation
- 149 Transgenders in Kalyan and Bhiwandi received 1st and 2nd dose Covid 19 vaccine with support from Navodaya Foundation
- 100 Transgenders in Bhiwandi received 1st and 2nd dose Covid 19 vaccine with support from Bhiwandi Corporation
- 320 Transgenders received a booster dose at Garima Greh shelter home in Aug 2022 with support from Ulhasnagar Corporation